The following terms and conditions govern all use of the vettedforyou.com website (the “Website”), applications for mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android (the “Applications”), and all content, services and products available at or through the website and mobile apps, (taken together, the “Services”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Services. By accessing or using any part of the services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Vetted, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The services are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your Vetted Account and Services. If you create a Vetted account on the Website or Applications, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and profile, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account or profile. You must not describe or assign keywords to your profile in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Vetted may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Vetted liability. You must immediately notify Vetted of any unauthorized uses of your account, profile, or any other breaches of security. Vetted will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. Vetted uses all User interactions as “Content”, including interactions such as Saves, Views, Clicks, Comments, Shares in addition to a User’s Profile, and shares from Vetted to other Social Networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+, or via email. When you interact with Vetted and post such Content, You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
your content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Vetted or otherwise.
3. By submitting Content to Vetted, you grant Vetted a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely on or through the Vetted Services. If you delete Content, Vetted will use reasonable efforts to remove it, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
4. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Vetted has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Vetted’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Vetted’s reasonable opinion, violates any Vetted policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Services to any individual or entity for any reason, in Vetted’s sole discretion. Vetted will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
5. Responsibility of Users of the Service. Vetted has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Service, Vetted does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Service may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Vetted disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the users , or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Services and its Users link, and that link to the Services. Vetted does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, Vetted does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Vetted disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of linked-to or linked-from websites and webpages.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. Vetted also reviews claims of trademark infringement. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted or linked to by Vetted infringe your copyright or trademark rights, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works or trademarks or links thereto are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Vetted to locate the material on the Vetted Services; (d) the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Please be advised that Vetted will not respond to complaints that do not meet these requirements. If Vetted determines that the materials alleged to infringe your copyright or trademark rights do not require removal, Vetted will remove those materials only pursuant to a court order declaring the content or use of the materials unlawful.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Counter-notices must include the following information: (a) your name, address, and telephone number; (b) the source of the content that was removed; (c) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed in error; (d) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Vetted may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original complaint; and (e) a physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Vetted Services must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA (see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details) and should be sent to the agent identified below. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Agents to Receive Notices of Claimed Infringement
Web Philosophic, LLC
2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400
Wilmington, DE 19808
8. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Vetted to you any Vetted or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Vetted. Vetted, vettedforyou.com, the Vetted logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Vetted, or the Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vetted or Vetted’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Vetted or third-party trademarks.
9. Advertisements. Vetted reserves the right to display advertisements in the Services.
10. Attribution. Vetted reserves the right to display attribution links on shares to social networks, share pages that aggregate stories and related social context (comments, likes, etc) such as ‘Powered by Vetted’ or ‘via Vetted.’
12. Changes. Vetted reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Vetted may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Services (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
13. Termination. Vetted may terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Vetted account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Services. Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Vetted and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Vetted nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
15. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Vetted, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Vetted under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Vetted shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Vetted, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
18. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Vetted and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Vetted, or by the posting by Vetted of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Delaware, U.S.A.